What’s the role?
Our client is a new and forward thinking, dynamic law firm specialising in Litigation who are currently seeking to recruit a Advocacy Team Leader, with a solid background in the legal sector to lead a team of paralegals fulfilling the advocacy needs of the wider operation.
In the role, you will manage and motivate the team, cooridnate their activities, report on delivery and lead and mentor them to optimise the project for fee earners and the business.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Manage all aspects of the advocacy team providing support and guidance.
- Managing and monitoring the advocacy service supporting fee earners.
- Assisting the Senior Solicitor with interviewing, training and general support
- Training new team members and providing feedback to training team on the development and improvement of advocacy training material.
- Managing and supervising court diary team by motivating, mentoring and assessing output of the team in accordance with maximising potential savings for firm.
- Ensuring that all necessary steps are taken within the team to ensure court hearing dates and directions are recorded on the firms’ case management system.
- Ensuring that the team is achieving the right outcome for clients, fee earners and optimising revenue.
- To manage workloads across the team
- Complying with internal and external SLAs, policies and procedures
- To review best practice across the team and implement any changes as and when needed in conjunction with the Senior Solicitor.
- To provide full supervisory support and guidance on technical issues
- Ensure the team delivers an excellent level of service.
- To highlight any potential risks to the Senior Solicitor.
- Keep up to date with all industry changes including case law, legislation and other matters of relevance.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager regarding any staff issues.
- Feedback on the quality of cases and outcomes needed to provide advocacy on.
- To understand any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
What knowledge, skills and experience you need
- Must have technical knowledge of advocacy and ability to manage a team.
- Commercially minded and able to see opportunity to optimise outcomes on cases.
- Ability to compile and analyse data and act according to results.
- Experience as an advocate is required.
- Strong organisation skills essential, as well as the ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Track record of managing people and achieving or exceeding any targets set.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home/Attendance to court as required
- Rate: £230 per day
- Work Pattern: TBC
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 12 month rolling