What’s the role?
The role incumbent helps clients reduce their risks related to money laundering and terrorist financing and improve their ability to meet regulatory expectations for sound programs and controls by designing, implementing, enhancing and testing AML/Sanctions programs.
- Assist in the delivery of a range of AML projects, such as KYC remediations, Alert adjudication, Transactions reviews & investigation, due diligence including research and screening (negative media & sanctions)
- Remediate a customer’s Know Your Customer (KYC) record in accordance with client’s customer identification program (CIP), customer due diligence (CDD) and enhanced due diligence (EDD) standards
- Review and analyze key elements of customer’s record, validate against regulatory documents submitted by the customer, record findings and highlight issues
- Conduct research about customer and its related parties using LexisNexis, World Check, third-party databases and publicly available sources
- Review system generated alerts to identify suspicious trends and activity by monitoring transactions through various client systems/application
- Review suspicious activity reports, address sanctions alerts, and other applicable AML processes in accordance with regulations
- Demonstrate ongoing understanding AML/KYC processes and applicable global regulatory changes
- Coordinate with various internal and external stakeholders (e.g. front office, middle office, clients etc.) and obtain required information related to client onboarding and KYC profile
Skills and experience
- MBA Finance, Graduation, CA-inter or equivalent degree with 1-3 years of experience in AML-focused activities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Fair understanding of KYC, CDD, EDD, Transaction Monitoring and Sanction Screening
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape – The BSA, The Patriot Act, U.S. Treasury AML guidelines and OFAC requirements
- Understanding of various entity types and complex ownership structures, such as Trusts, Hedge Funds, Estates, SPV, Limited Partnerships, etc.
- Knowledge of common third-party databases and public resources used for due diligence research
- Proficiency with MS-Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Flexibility regarding working in shifts for client service projects
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Hyderabad/Bangalore
- Rate: Competitive
- Work Pattern: Full time
- Start Dates: Immediately
- Duration: Long term opportunities