What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting for an AML Officer to join an exciting project for HSBC Bank in Kowloon. You will be responsible for conducting effective, timely investigations into assigned cases in accordance with agreed standard reporting requirements and turn-around times.
- Responsible for conducting effective, timely investigations into assigned cases in accordance with agreed standard reporting requirements and turn-around times.
- Cases will include: Transaction monitoring cases from FCC Operations; Unusual Activity Reports (UARs) from various HSBC business units – LoB’s, FIU, FCI, AB&C, Global Sanctions, RC and other regional HUB requests, investigating and reporting Production Orders, Customer screening alerts suggesting ML or TF risk.
- Responsible for ensuring that Level 2 Case analysis is complete and compliant with applicable QA standards
- Responsible for editing / writing a high quality investigative narrative and thereafter recording it, with the case history, in a digital case file
- At the end of each investigation a comprehensive recommendation is to be made to the EIR Investigations QC Reviewer as to whether a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed
- Responsible for identifying possible violations of law or regulation according to documented red flags or variations vis a vis expected business transactions documented in CDD
- Responsible for escalating investigations to FCI, ABC, Global Sanctions or Lines of Business EIR Officers. Responsible for cuing the involvement of FIU or Customer Selection Secretariat (CSEM) as appropriate.
- Responsible for Posting information to the Reportable Events database (IRIS) in accordance with reporting standards.
- Responsible for logging cases involving customers with relationships to other HSBC territories to Investigations Exchange.
- Responsible for referring cross border or cross LoB investigations to Global or Regional EIR Investigations for co-ordination where appropriate.
- Responsible for notifying Lines of Business of relevant reportable events posted into IRIS for Customers of the Lines of Business.
- Responsible for escalating to Lines of Business EIR Compliance Officers information regarding thematic Lines of Business compliance weaknesses or failures identified during the course of investigations
Skills & Experience required:
- Money Laundering investigations experience, ideally including transaction monitoring
- Experience of identifying activity suggesting ML or CTF risk;
- Experience in undertaking investigations/analysis into customer activity with the ability to draw inferences from noted behaviour, including transactional profile, against expectation established from CDD data;
- Experience in writing reports to identify ML/CTF risk and/or SAR reporting.
- Both spoken and written communication skills with the ability to document investigative steps and conclusions effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Consistently achieve objectives set for them and take action to improve their own performance
- Strong organizational skills
- Collaborative working style with colleagues and broader stakeholders within a cross-border and LoB matrix
- Prior regulatory or law enforcement investigations experience advantageous
- ACAMS or ICA ML/FCC qualifications preferred
- Universal banking experience an advantage
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: up to 19,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months