What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Regional AML Investigations Manager to join an exciting project for HSBC Bank in Kowloon.
- Support the Regional AML Investigations team in the oversight and coordination of the investigation of regional cases according to a scope of work agreed with the Regional Head.
- Conduct day-to-day operations of Regional AML Investigations, including managing IRIS Reportable Events across the region, coordinating Regional AML investigations across the region, facilitation of Investigation Exchange, and ad hoc requests from the Regional Head of AML Investigations.
- Escalate (via the appropriate forum) and assist to manage any potentially significant issues found during the investigations or procedural reviews to relevant senior stakeholders.
- Conduct risk analysis based on the AML MI data provided by Countries and Lines of Business (LoB’s) to mitigate identified risks, track recommendations and agreed actions, including client exits, to ensure completion.
- Undertake Regional ad hoc transaction monitoring and investigations projects, reviews and monitoring as requested by the Regional Head of AML Investigations.
- Coordinate and facilitate information exchange, teamwork and efficiency of the Regional AML Investigations as part of the wider FCC programme.
- Ensure adequate governance is maintained in the monitoring of changes to systems and process and AML investigations issues and actions.
- Support and participate in key initiatives from the Regions.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience in investigative work preferred.
- Basic knowledge of proceeds of crime legislation, associated AML regulation and guidance and SAR filing (consent and intelligence) processes.
- Good working knowledge of AML within the financial services industry.
- Experience in the financial services industry, ideally from universal banking.
- Proven project management and analytical skills, together with ability to support decisions with sound commercial reasoning
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues.
- Numerate, evidence based analytical skills founded on an empirical base.
- Good communicator with strong inter-personal and presentation skills
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: up to 25,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months