What ´s the role?
Our client, a major global consultancy firm, is seeking Quality Checkers to join a major advice remediation project within the calculations team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing project for a Big 4 client – Quality Checking the calculations function of a major remediation program. The role will involve working in a target-orientated, time conscious environment where being able to work with a high level of accuracy to prescribed processes and to strict deadlines is a prerequisite.
The role may also require the team to facilitate and empower the client to solve the issues as well as designing and developing ad hoc tools for the clients to deliver complex calculations.
You will be working in the remediation function to calculate redress owed to customers following a completed suitability assessment complying with regulation requirements and bank standards. A Calculations Officer – Quality Checker will be required to:
- Develop and maintain a central calculations model for the engagement calculations team.
- Manage throughput, allocate tasks and oversee quality of calculations performed by the team.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to team to support calculations.
- Report to the Team Leader on a regular basis.
- Prepare compensation calculations in line with calculation methodology.
- Ensure appropriate remediation is provided to the customer through coordination with various team.
- Determine financial consequences in relation to inappropriate advice provided.
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering/Mathematics/Finance/Accounting.
- Demonstrated understanding of calculation methodologies, ability to review complex calculations.
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience in one of the following areas: calculations experience within a remediation program, or Audit/Advisory/Forensic/Risk experience in a Professional Firm.
- excellent quantitative/mathematical capability, coaching skills and business acumen.
- Logical and analytical thinking, skill with numbers and an interest in modelling.
- Good balance between big picture and attention to detail.
- Intuitive understanding of data manipulation and working with large data sets.
- Hard working and capacity to perform under pressure without compromising quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Confidence working with numbers with an ability to apply to decision making / reasoning.
Tell me more
- Location: Macquarie Park (Sydney)
- Rate: $350 pd incl super - 450 pd incl super (dependant on experience)
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 12 months contract