What’s the role?
Our client is a new and forward thinking, dynamic law firm specialising in Litigation who are currently seeking to recruit a qualified Solicitor to lead a team of paralegals.
In the role, you will act as both a subject matter expert in the area of financial claims, manage a team of paralegals and report MI to senior management.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Acting as an SME both with regard to the claims process and any associated regulatory requirements
- Providing legal oversight of the paralegal team, who are working on high volume financial claims, in accordance with SRA guidelines
- Providing a QC role to ensure all work is produced to an appropriately high standard
- Acting as a point of liaison between the claim team and project management
- Advising on with various discretionary elements of the process such as settlement quantum
- The role reports to the Legal Director and wider management team.
- Managing team performance to adhere and exceed required KPI’s
What knowledge, skills and experience you need
- Qualified solicitor with a current practising certificate
- Previous legal claims experience, ideally with regard to financial instruments or products
- Experience of managing teams, including checking and quality control of work (is) beneficial
- A thorough understanding of the end-to-end claims/litigation process
- Experience of using claims management software is advantageous
- An attentive eye to detail, with strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management and leadership skills
- Some knowledge of Plevin/PPI claims is desirable but not essential for good candidates matching other criteria.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: £230 per day
- Work Pattern: Contract
- Start Dates: September 2020
- Duration: Minimum 12 months (long term rolling contract)