What’s the role?
Our client, a small business lender, are expanding from Europe into the US and looking to build a team to support the rapid and dynamic growth of their business. This is an opportunity to join at an exciting time for the business, giving you the chance to make your mark and be involved from the very beginning. We are currently looking for an experienced Compliance Monitoring and Testing Lead to join the team. To be successful in the role you will need to have a good understanding of small business lending, credit and collections.
Your day-to-day activities
- Lead the design and implementation of the regulatory compliance monitoring & testing framework to provide independent, risk-based monitoring of regulatory compliance.
- Develop and deliver the annual Compliance Monitoring & Testing plan, ensuring all internal and external factors are taken into consideration.
- Ensure second line monitoring reviews are delivered on time and to an appropriate standard of quality.
- Oversee the tracking of corrective action plans and manage closure validation.
- Provide reporting to the Head of Compliance and committees.
- Identify and communicate priorities for the function, motivating and developing a high performing team.
- Contribute to the enhancement of compliance processes by identifying opportunities for improved adherence to regulatory requirements and company standards.
- Contribute to the development and execution of plans to address remediation efforts and testing review findings, which may include process updates, documentation and/or training.
- Provide guidance to challenge, support and provide information to the senior management teams and apply practical, proportionate and sustainable remediation to regulatory risk and conduct issues identified in the course of monitoring
- Engage with partner bank on review and examination management
Skills & Experience required:
- Several years proven experience of compliance monitoring/auditing/risk management
- Excellent track record in developing practical compliance solutions through working with the business and solves problems through the ability to understand the issues, develop ideas and take accountability to act on them.
- Strong understanding of industry practices and disciplines ideally having implemented and/or developed compliance monitoring frameworks in the past.
- Knowledge of regulatory environments, key legislative requirements and practical implications would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to deliver sustained high performance.
- Investigative and analytical thinking.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: New York
- Rate: DOE
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: TBC