What’s the role?
This is a US based role – candidates outside of the United States will not be considered.
** SEEKING CONTRACT NEGOTIATORS WITH EXPERIENCE REVIEWING, REDLINING AND NEGOTIATING COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS.**
Do you have contract review and redlining experience, particularly with commercial contracts? Our client, a Global Professional Services Firm, is seeking highly motivated Contract Negotiators with review and redlining experience, preferably in a commercial setting (i.e. sales agreements, procurement agreements, etc.). The selected candidate will be part of the client’s global contracting support team, and in that capacity will work with the client’s Procurement and Business teams and SMEs including Legal, to review, redline, and execute a variety of buy-side contracts aligned to the following procurement categories: Clinical/Research, Commercial, Professional Services and IT/IS.
This is a contract review AND redlining job for commercial contracts. Candidates MUST have redlining experience related to Sales/Procurement agreements AND negotiation experience.
What’s in it for you – Benefits & Perks:
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Review contract requests for completeness and follow up with business owners as needed for additional information.
- Draft contracts using approved templates and documented guidance.
- Review contracts to identify deviations from standard language outlined in the playbooks AND redline the contracts to negotiate with counterparties.
- Assist Business and Procurement teams with their negotiations of the contracts with counterparties.
- Work with client’s stakeholders to secure and document necessary approvals for the contracts.
- Escalate issues outside the scope of playbooks/guidance to category leads and/or SMEs and capture knowledge to inform future improvements.
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other contract reviewers, regional team leads and/or global delivery leads to identify trends, gaps and opportunities for improvement.
What knowledge, skills and experience we need:
- At least 3-4 years of contract review, redlining, negotiation, and contract management experience.
- Strong contract drafting, review, redlining and negotiation skills, including but not limited to:
- o Developed understanding of buy side contracts, clauses and transaction structures, and procurement categories, ideally with some exposure to the Life Sciences vertical
- o Attention to detail and ability to review contract language against playbooks and identify deviations
- o Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts
- Experience reviewing, redlining and negotiating buy-side contracts in the pharmaceuticals/life sciences space.
- Excellent ability to work and coordinate tasks with multiple stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Procurement, etc.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks, including handling multiple negotiations at various stages.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Word and MS Excel.
- Attorney/Law Graduate/JD
- Experience in contract management systems such as Ariba is an advantage
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Momenta are aware of the rise in recruitment phishing scams. Please be vigilant with the information you share. Momenta will never contact you from a personal generic email address such as Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo. We will not request personal information via text or WhatsApp. Momenta will only ever ask you to add your personal information/supporting documentation to the Momenta People portal. If in doubt, contact us directly before submitting any details or providing documentation.
Tell me more
- Location: Hybrid role in Chicago, IL
- Rate: $25-35p/hr (based on experience)
- Work Pattern: Monday-Friday (must be able to work 8am – 5pm)
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: Initial 6 months with the possibility to extend for another 6 months