What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting for a data analyst to join an exciting project with HSBC Bank in Kowloon.
The successful candidate will form an integral part of the retail credit risk data management function and will be actively involved in the definition of business requirements, global data strategies and implementation activities.
Your day-to-day activities
- Understanding the data requirements for regulatory requirements.
- Performing data analysis to develop data sourcing requirement.
- Gaining exposure to a regulatory and financial domain.
- Running complex SQL.
- Gaining knowledge on GCP platform.
- Developing data quality rules and implementing for data accuracy and completeness.
- Interpreting and manipulating large data sets, data storage, ETL, and data modelling.
- Gaining experience in data analysis role with programming skills in Python.
- Using group and regional data source systems written in SAS, and various other data marts, for data cleaning, data quality, and performing the necessary analysis to highlight key findings such as breaches from key risk parameters within risk strategy.
- Understanding data governance, data quality, reference data, and data lineage.
- Having exposure to big data.
Skills & Experience required:
- Ten year bachelor’s or master’s degree from reputed university with concentration on finance, economics, or other quantitative field such as statistics or engineering.
- Strong analytical skills with over ten years of proven data analysis experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial-services and banking-operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of Python and SQL.
- Ability to comprehend intricate and diverse range of business problems and analyse them with limited or complex data and provide a feasible solution framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and drive for success
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: 100,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: June 2021
- Duration: 7 months with the chance of extension