What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting for an associate within the debt securities operations department to join an exciting project with HSBC Bank in Kowloon.
Your day-to-day activities
- Instant responses and quick decisions which are perpetually required to meet deadlines.
- As the global settlement activities stretch across all different settlement systems, the candidate must be familiarized with operations of the different systems.
- Keeping up-to-date with the skills and knowledge of the securities industry and be conversant with the special market practices, rules, and regulations to comply with and avoid any breaching of the regulations.
- The candidate needs to rigorously enforce dual control in settlement areas and put in place the appropriate level of segregation of duties in processing settlement capability within the authorized limits.
- Ensuring all trading activities adhere to and comply with the securities ordinance and the rules and regulations of securities and futures commission.
- Having a clear understanding of the market regulations and ensuring that any irregularities are reported to the manager.
- Further clarifying with compliance before processing, to avoid breaching of the regulations, if necessary.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of settlement function and a good understanding of trade life cycle and settlement end-to-end flow for fixed income products.
- Good communication skills in both English and Cantonese.
- A high level of accuracy and vigilant when validating the settlement instructions and authorizing payments.
- High control awareness and flexible in handling exception in case of system problems.
- High degree of judgment in handling non-routine and irregular issues.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: 50,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: May 2021
- Duration: 12 months with possible ext