What’s the role?
Our client, is a leading provider of technology and software testing, specialising in application, infrastructure and engineering services.
We are seeking DevOps Engineers who have a sincere passion for technology, with a keen interest in continuous learning and development. You will work in a customer-oriented environment and be well adept at understanding the business process and end-user perspectives.
Your day-to-day activities
- Operating in a Production/DevOps Engineering capacity
- Responsible for designing and developing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes.
- Collaborating with senior leaders, you will deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that will enable clients’ overall strategic direction.
- Assist Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services, tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements.
- Bring your experience, knowledge, and creativity, collaborating with delivery teams with migrating complex, multi-tier applications, or building new capabilities using APIs and cloud integration technologies.
- Ensure high levels of availability, performance and scalability.
- Develop different strategies to ensure sure that processes incorporate the DevOps concept.
- Work with your colleagues to provide detailed status updates to stakeholders and escalate issues as required.
- Taking on special projects.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience in systems administration, and a strong desire to expand your experience in architecting and implementing cloud solutions.
- Experience with either Azure DevOps, Code Pipeline or Azure Releases.
- Knowledge and abilities in scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell or Bash.
- Any knowledge of database systems, stateful systems or developing database related codebases.
- Cloud support experience or knowledge in any of the following areas: Azure App Services, Azure Storage, Azure AD, Azure SQL or Cosmos DB, API management, ARM templates, Key Vault, Application Insights or general cloud governance or security mechanisms.
- Good communication skills and ability to engage with different stakeholders.
Desirable skills & Experience:
- DevOps transformation of process and tool implementation experience.
- DevOps readiness assessment experience.
- Release management experience.
- Experience in Azure Logic App or Power Automate.
- Able to contribute to the development of individuals and teams, and to organisational effectiveness, through the utilisation of appropriate agile methodologies and/or interventions.
- Ability to guide the business and the team members with the best practices on their area of expertise.
- Be a role model to embed and coach around agile principles, ways of working, mindset and behaviours to develop an agile culture centred around growth mindset, prioritisation, ownership, and accountability.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: DOE
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6-month contract initially (with opportunity to go perm)