What’s the role?
We are currently looking for a strong equities compliance lead to join HSBC in Kowloon, to offer guidance and direction for Hong Kong based equities.
Your day-to-day activities
- Facilitate the risk management of compliance and regulatory risks related to equities.
- Advise equities management of the impact on the business of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Ensure consistency in the provision of regulatory compliance guidance across various equities desks.
- Escalate all material breaches or potential breaches of regulations as soon as practicable to markets regulatory compliance and equities management.
- Represent compliance on a number of internal committees opining and providing justification and guidance on regulatory issues.
- Analyse stakeholder goals vs regulatory requirements and effectively manage their expectations, addressing any misalignment.
- Work collaboratively across peer group and organisation.
- Advise the business on the introduction of new products and services.
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong team leader and mentor experience.
- Existing experience of working in a compliance advisory role in a global markets segment is preferred.
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong, Asian regulations related to equities and global markets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is preferred.
- Experience working for a large international institution preferred.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: 150,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months