What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting for an external investigative reporting officer to join an exciting project with HSBC Bank in Kowloon.
The candidate will be responsible for conducting investigations surrounding accounts and transactions of an apparent anomalous nature. Where necessary you will need to escalate cases in accordance with the EIR investigations procedural guidance and AMLi procedures.
Your day-to-day activities
- Conducting effective, timely investigations into assigned cases in accordance with agreed standard reporting requirements and turn-around times.
- Transaction monitoring cases from FCC operations.
- Working on unusual activity reports from various HSBC business units, LoB’s, FIU, FCI, AB&C, global sanctions, RC, and other regional HUB requests.
- Investigating and reporting production orders.
- Working on customer screening alerts suggesting ML or TF risk.
- Ensuring that level two case analysis is complete and compliant with applicable QA standards.
- Editing and writing a high quality investigative narrative and thereafter recording it, with the case history, in a digital case file.
- Identifying possible violations of law or regulation according to documented red flags or variations vis a vis expected business transactions documented in CDD.
- Escalating investigations to FCI, ABC, global sanctions, or lines of business EIR officers.
- Cuing the involvement of FIU or customer selection secretariat as appropriate.
- Posting information to the reportable events database, IRIS, in accordance with reporting standards.
- Logging cases involving customers with relationships to other HSBC territories to investigations exchange.
- Referring cross border or cross LoB investigations to global or regional EIR investigations for co-ordination where appropriate.
- Notifying lines of business of relevant reportable events posted into IRIS for customers of the lines of business.
- Escalating to lines of business EIR compliance officers’ information regarding thematic lines of business compliance weaknesses or failures identified during investigations.
Skills & Experience required:
- Money laundering investigations experience, ideally including transaction monitoring.
- Experience of identifying activity suggesting ML or CTF risk.
- Experience in undertaking investigations and analysis into customer activity with the ability to draw inferences from noted behavior, including transactional profile, against expectation established from CDD data.
- Experience in writing reports to identify ML and CTF risk and SAR reporting.
- Both spoken and written communication skills with the ability to document investigative steps and conclusions effectively, in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- To consistently achieve objectives set for them and take action to improve their own performance.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A collaborative working style with colleagues and broader stakeholders within a cross-border and LoB matrix.
- Prior regulatory or law enforcement investigations experience advantageous.
- ACAMS or ICA ML and FCC qualifications preferred.
- Universal banking experience an advantage.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: 23,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months with the chance of extension