What’s the role?
HSBC are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join their team in Kowloon as a team manager within valuation control equities, global banking & markets.
Your day-to-day activities
- Perform valuation adjustments, such as independent price verification, bid offer, model uncertainty, other fair value adjustment, and prudent valuation adjustment.
- Work in accordance with global valuation guidelines for all business in equity asset class, prime finance, and equity derivatives.
- Ensure accurate and timely computation of reserves and controls.
- Work effectively with the equity valuation team located in Paris, Krakow and New York.
- Ensure well controlled and accurate valuation reserves, provide analysis on the results to front office and senior valuation controller.
- Proactively improve and automate current processes.
- Create and maintain relevant documentation.
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong IT skill required including experience with VBA, SQL, Microsoft Access.
- Excellent written English and oral communication skill.
- Good numerical/quantitative background and previous experience in product control or market risk is preferred.
- Good understanding of vanilla and complex derivatives products, market risks and pricing parameters.
- Great interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate key quantitative issues in an understandable way.
- Good appreciation of regulatory guidelines, rules and requirements.
- Ability to understand complex concepts.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: 60,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: May 2021
- Duration: 6 months