What’s the role?
Our client, a major retail bank, are looking to grow the financial crime contingent within their business. We are looking for candidates to join this large scale and expanding operation. We are currently looking for experienced Financial Crime Advisors to join their KYC/AML team. You will be the first point of escalation and advisory on internal company procedures in relation to Financial Crime, for all internal departments. To be successful within this role you will have worked within an KYC advisory role for a minimum of three years.
- Reviewing incomplete customer files in line with CDD requirements, AML and sanctions standards.
- Performing KYC reviews whilst applying a risk-based approach to assess financial crime risks.
- Assessing the documents provided and making a risk-based decision on accepting any gaps in data or missing information.
- Discount where no financial crime risk can be identified OR accept the risk whilst providing strong rationale on the decision-making process.
Essential skills & experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a Financial Crime/AML or KYC Advisory role.
- Excellent knowledge of banking products, services, policies, and procedures, including online banking systems.
- Experience in advisory on the 1LOD
- experience around Corporate & Commercial entities
- Experience in dealing with Policy Exceptions.
- Experience in signing off on High-Risk Customers.
- Providing guidance to Front Office on FC Policy requirements not limited to just KYC.
- Dealing with escalations following discovery of a financial crime risk indicator.
- Strong IT literacy skills (Excel, Word, email).
- Good problem analysis / solving skills.
- Able to organise own workload to meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to understand and conform to laid down processes and routines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with queries effectively using a range of channels including phone, email, and secure instant messenger service.
- Works effectively both individually and as part of a team
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Momenta are aware of the rise in recruitment phishing scams. Please be vigilant with the information you share. Momenta will never contact you from a personal generic email address such as Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo. We will not request personal information via text or WhatsApp. Momenta will only ever ask you to add your personal information/supporting documentation to the Momenta People portal. If in doubt, contact us directly before submitting any details or providing documentation.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: up to £400 per day
- Work Pattern: Standard Business Hours
- Start Dates: Intake dates throughout October 2023
- Duration: 6 months with likely extension