What’s the role?
Our client, an international consulting firm, are looking to grow the financial crime contingent to support a range of clients in the financial services and banking sectors. We are looking for candidates to join this large scale and expanding operation.
We are currently looking for experienced Financial Crime Analysts with expertise in CDD/EDD, Transaction Monitoring or Forensic Accounting. You will have proven experience within the world of financial crime as well as being a Subject Matter Expert in your field. You will need to be confident engaging with a range of stakeholders, both virtually and face to face.
*In order to be considered for these opportunities you must be a US citizen or already have a permit to live and work in the USA with no restrictions
Your day-to-day activities
- Providing Financial Crime expertise to CDD/EDD, Transaction Monitoring or Forensic Accounting workstreams
- Performing KYC reviews whilst applying a risk-based approach to assess financial crime risks
- Building end to end CDD/EDD files, identifying and assessing key risks, and conducting plausibility analysis of customer KYC information
- Assessing if transactions or behaviour are suspicious, flag risks and complete Suspicious Activity reports
- Assessing inherent risk, controls and residual risks.
- Provide input on process improvements and backlog exercises.
- Review any sanctions, anti-bribery & corruption nexus, and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP).
- Identify and analyse complex ownership structures to determine beneficial owners
- Performing forensic research & analysis to trace funds and identify assets for recovery
- Apply diligence in reviewing files to identify deficiencies, discrepancies and omissions of relevant documentation.
- Develop and maintain productive and professional working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Skills & Experience required:
- An extensive Financial Crime, CDD/EDD, Transaction Monitoring or Forensic Accounting background is essential
- Experience in analysing transactional information to identify risks, trends and suspicious activity
- Knowledge of assessing and discounting alerts where not financial crime risk has been identified
- Previous experience in obtaining and collating information required to raise a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR)
- Experience of source of wealth/source of funds analysis
- The ability to interpret and consolidate complex data into user-friendly reports
- Strong working knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework for Financial Crime, including Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- A sound knowledge of corporate structures and an ability to identify and calculate beneficial ownership is desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work proactively to targets in a remote environment.
- Strong analytical skills with relevant experience in analysis & investigation
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and be proactive
- A recognised qualification in financial crime is desirable
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Various locations across the US*
- Rate: DOE
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: Various throughout 2021
- Duration: 6 months with the opportunity to extend