What’s the role?
Our client, a major retail bank, are looking to grow the financial crime contingent within their business. We are looking for candidates to join this large scale and expanding operation.
We are currently looking for experienced Financial Crime Prevention SMEs to join their KYC/AML team. You will lead and manage financial crime risk on behalf of the Onboarding and Exit Forum (OBE) through execution of risk assessments, implementation of policy with adherence to regulatory requirements.
Your day-to-day activities
- Provide high quality technical Financial Crime SME guidance on OBE cases.
- Identify new capabilities and their application to mitigate financial crime risk.
- In conjunction with the business, manage the implementation of financial crime in compliance with the banks UK policy and applicable external laws and regulations, to prevent money laundering, breaches of sanctions and terrorism financing and bribery and corruption within the aligned business unit.
- Undertaking end to end thematic reviews of the OBE ready cases.
- Ownership of work stream processes.
- Provide recommendations to the business to implement and action and reduce overall financial crime risk exposure.
- Support in the definition and communication of clear KRIs and KPIs to monitor the OBE output.
- Support change programmes and implement continuous improvements to mitigate financial crime risks through positive engagement with vendor technical teams, Line 2 Financial Crime Compliance, and other control functions such as operational risk, Internal audit, assurance, fraud & governance and control.
- Work closely alongside other financial crime managers and the senior managers as part of the Line 1 financial crime team, to ensure consistency in approach and guidance across business units.
- Liaise consistently with business unit stakeholders and representatives, Line 2 financial crime compliance and other control functions such as operational risk, assurance, fraud & governance and controls.
- Responsible for risk assessments and involvement in the outputs of this including Customer risk acceptance or exit decisioning.
Skills & Experience required:
- Ability to make financial crime risk-based decisions, using sound judgement to escalate appropriately.
- Capability to provide SME advice & guidance to business units, covering financial crime policies, procedures and risks.
- To provide recommendations to the business to implement and action with a view to enhancing the business appetite guiderails.
- Ability to assist with development and delivery of Financial Crime Training and communications to the front line and operations.
- Deep understanding of the banks business structure & purpose, the inherent risks associated with products and services offered & relevant process controls.
- Understanding of financial crime regulation across Money Laundering, Sanctions, Bribery & Corruption & Tax Evasion.
- Ability to assess end-to-end business financial crime risk priorities.
- Strong background in risk and controls.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: DOE
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months with the opportunity to extend