What’s the role?
Our client, a major retail bank, are looking to grow the financial crime contingent within their business. We are looking for candidates to join this large scale and expanding operation.
We are currently looking for experienced Transaction Monitoring Analysts to join their KYC/AML team. You will be experienced within the world of financial crime and be an accomplished KYC Analyst. The environment can be fast paced and is quality driven so being able to work with a high degree of accuracy to prescribed processes and strict deadlines is essential.
Your day-to-day activities
- Reviewing customer files in line with CDD requirements, AML and sanctions standards.
- Performing KYC reviews whilst applying a risk-based approach to assess financial crime risks.
- Analysing transactional information to identify risks, trends and suspicious activity
- Building end to end files, assessing key risks, and conducting plausibility analysis of customer KYC information
- Provide input on process improvements and backlog exercises.
- Identifying and assessing ultimate beneficial owners within complex ownership structures.
- Performing adverse media searches to identify and investigate any customer risk.
- Applying diligence in reviewing files to identify deficiencies, discrepancies and omissions of relevant documentation.
- Developing and maintaining productive and professional working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Skills & Experience required:
- Extensive Financial Crime, KYC, Transaction Monitoring and investigations background is essential
- Knowledge of assessing and discounting alerts where not financial crime risk has been identified
- Previous experience in obtaining and collating information required to raise a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR)
- Experience of source of wealth/source of funds analysis
- Good understanding of Customer Risk Assessments (CRA) and NS Screening outcomes, with the ability to apply to a CDD file
- The ability to interpret and consolidate complex data into user-friendly reports
- Strong working knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework for Financial Crime, including Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- A sound knowledge of corporate structures and an ability to identify and calculate beneficial ownership is desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work proactively to targets in a remote environment.
- Strong analytical skills with relevant experience in analysis & investigation
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and be proactive
- A recognised qualification in financial crime is desirable
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: £200
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: June intakes
- Duration: 6 months with the opportunity to extend