What’s the role?
Our client is a pioneering business in its field that is bringing together ideas on new ways to interact with financial services. The client is backed by big city firms and a large charity and looks at impact investing, accessible banking, and fairer finance to create social and environmental change for everyone.
The Finance Director will report to the Managing Director and take a central role in the Executive Leadership Team with responsibility for directing and overseeing all finance related aspects of the business.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other senior executives and Non-Executive Directors
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting and company secretary function
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions, providing financial analysis and guidance on activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Have the requisite knowledge and experience to discharge the functions of secretary of the PLC company
- Responsible for working capital and cash flow management
- Participate in Board Meetings
- Assist Managing Director with fund raising and investor relations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, reports and Board packs
- Establish and implement KPIs and KRIs
- Ensure that regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Production of statutory financial accounts in accordance with IFRS
- Preparation of corporate tax packs and submissions
- Liaise with external advisers, Banks and Auditors
- Contribution to the strategic Mission of the Group and assist in driving the strategic vision
- Oversight of the Finance function
- Business lead on the planning process, including budgeting and forecasting
What knowledge, skills and experience you need
- ACCA Qualified or equivalent
- Start-up experience of fund raising would be preferable
- Wealth platform experience would also be desirable but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Ability to handle a fast-paced working environment and execute critical decision making
- High integrity and transparency alongside the commitment to good governance
- Energetic, highly motivated with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of delivering on our mission.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: £500+ DOE
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 4 months fixed term contract