What’s the role?
Our client is a leading provider of technology and software testing, specialising in application, infrastructure and engineering services. They are growing their application and cloud technology team and require full stack developers to join a new team.
You will be responsible for designing and developing web applications (both front and back end), RESTful services and APIs, as well as database and reporting applications. They are looking for developers who have a sincere passion for technology. You will work in a customer-oriented environment and be well adept at understanding the business process and end-user perspectives.
Your day-to-day activities
- Helping with the design and development of software.
- Testing and debugging software to keep it optimized.
- Writing clean code for the front and back end of the software.
- Designing user interactions on the web application itself.
- Creating servers and databases for the back end of the software.
- Ensuring cross-platform compatibility and optimization.
- Testing and maintaining the responsive design of applications.
- Developing APIs and RESTful services.
- Keeping up with technological advances to optimize their software.
- Communicating effectiveness of emerging technologies to decision makers.
- Considering security, maintenance, scalability, and more when developing.
Skills & Experience required:
- Backend Tech Stack: Experience in any one of the following: Node.js/Express or .Net or Java/Spring-boot.
- Database: Experience working with SQL or RDBMS or similar.
- Understanding of CI-CD design considerations and capabilities as well as tools such as Azure DevOps and Jenkins.
- Proven ability with understanding and adherence to Software Engineering principles and delivery methodologies.
- Good communication skills
- Passion for technology with a proven ability to rapidly learn new technology/tool/concepts while adapting to changing priorities.
- Experience with any one or more of the following: Linux/Shell Scripting, Kubernetes, Docker, Scaled Agile Framework
- Ability to engage with different stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to guide the business and the team members with the best practices on their area of expertise.
- Cloud experience (Azure or AWS).
- Industry certifications preferred: Java, .Net, AWS or Microsoft.
- Contributions to open-source projects and/or tech blogs.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: DOE
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6-month contract initially (with opportunity to go perm)