What’s the role?
Our client Deloitte, a global Professional Services firm, are looking for Graduate Automation Engineers to join the second site of their expanding Robotic Operations Centre (D-ROC), opening in Glasgow this coming spring.
D-ROC operates and maintains Digital Workers for a wide variety of internal and external clients, facilitating the robust provision of high-performing automation support services. The primary functions of D-ROC are Digital Worker Monitoring, Support and Incident Management; D-ROC also build new Digital Workers and develops changes to existing automations to ensure continued, optimal performance for our clients.
You will be working alongside motivated, talented professionals who support our clients through deployment of automated and cognitive solutions to complete high-priority, high-volume business processes. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of D-ROC’s expansion and gain invaluable experience within an established Professional Services firm who are at the forefront of innovation. You will have the opportunity to work in a supportive, fast-paced, quality-focussed environment, where you will increase your existing technical capabilities and service delivery experience.
The main activities of the role include:
- Working with a range of clients across different industries to maintain automated and cognitive solutions;
- Providing both proactive and reactive support to a broad range of automated processes;
- Engaging in regular monitoring and reporting activities directly with clients to identify issues with Digital Workers and potential enhancements;
- Supporting complex solutions using RPA technologies alongside supporting technologies such as SQL, C#, Java and Visual Basic;
- Creating a variety of documentation including Support Guides, high-level designs, test documentation and solution designs, in accordance with D-ROC’s comprehensive technical standards and working practices;
- Developing changes to Digital Workers to resolve issues, add functionality or enhance performance;
- Working as part of a high-performing team with other automation engineers, solution architects, business relationship managers and a motivated team of other technical and operational specialists;
- Creating and executing test packs and validating Digital Worker solutions against detailed technical design specifications;
What knowledge, skills & experience we need
- Degree-educated, preferably in a Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Applied-Science discipline. Consideration will be given to other areas of education if accompanied by tangible experience and a commitment to personal professional development;
- Some previous experience of working with a high-level, structured programming language would be advantageous, although not essential for the right candidates;
- Individuals must be enthusiastic, driven and take pride in their ability to deliver high quality work;
- Evidence of a flair for creativity, problem-solving and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Microsoft Excel with use of built-in functions. Experience of creating Excel macros would be beneficial;
- Enthusiasm for technology and commitment to developing new skills and remaining current with technology trends, including personal projects and self-study;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences;
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time-management skills;
- A can-do attitude and positive approach to working in a fast-paced, client-focussed environment;
- Travel to other Deloitte or client sites within the UK may be necessary.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Glasgow
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: April 2020 (exact date tbc)
- Duration: Permanent