What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting for a business analyst to join an exciting project with HSBC Bank in Kowloon.
The successful candidate will support the global markets business with the physical transition of legacy IBOR trades to replacement RFR trades.
Your day-to-day activities
- Working within the IBOR transitions operations team to support the middle office trade support function known as the trade and position management team in Hong Kong.
- Supporting the product sales and trading teams across global markets to ensure smooth IBOR transition with the trade capture and restructuring of the physical IBOR trades to RFR’s.
- Working on trade booking support, trade compression support, leveraging various in house tools, and the related validation and controls.
- Engaging pro-actively with internal and external stakeholders, both regionally and globally.
- Displaying strong communication skills and the ability to independently identify efficiency and STP opportunities.
- Maintaining an awareness of the industry and regulatory improvements within the derivatives market, and how that may impact the day-to-day processes.
- Having a strong risk focus and maintaining a robust control environment is essential.
Skills & Experience required:
- Previous experience supporting a fast paced front office environment.
- Relevant product knowledge within loan market or fixed income products.
- An awareness of situations that give rise to risk, both financial and non-financial, and how to manage them.
- A desire to continually improve processes and provide excellent service to their stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Understands front to back business, particular emphasis on trade capture into PTS.
- Adapts to a constantly changing environment and can problem solve.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a focus on attention to detail and ability to prioritise appropriately, work under pressure and unsupervised.
- Prior and current understanding and experience of regulatory initatives and programmes of change.
- Control focussed with strong awareness of operational risk, supporting the front to back office.
- Strong focus on root cause analysis with the aim of driving process improvement.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: 58,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: May 2021
- Duration: 12 months with possible ext