What’s the role?
Our client, an asset management consultancy, is seeking a Junior Investment Analyst to support the Private Equity Investment Advisory team.
In this role you will be able to navigate and interpret legal documents to find performance issues, assist with data collation and updating the fund performance system. You will have experience working with fund accounts, fund of funds or private equity within an operations framework. This is a highly visible role on a major project where your contribution will not go unnoticed.
Your day-to-day activities
- Providing research and information to help fund managers, investors & advisors make decisions about investments, helping to ensure that investment portfolios are well managed and that potential investment opportunities are highlighted.
- Developing an understanding of financial information, such as financial statements, company accounts and sector data.
- Analysing financial information relating to specific companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organisation is positioned to deliver for investors
- Assessing risks and making recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation.
- Keeping abreast of market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries.
- Undertaking financial modelling and projections.
- Making recommendations to fund managers, identifying clearly opportunities and risks.
- Ensuring that all compliance regulations are met.
Skills & Experience required:
- 12+ months proven experience in an Investment Analyst role
- Able to examine and interpret data from different sources and understand the impact this will have for investment decision making.
- Strong financial modelling skills is key, with the ability to drive business decisions using modelling/analysis.
- Excellent numerical and quantitative research skills
- Excellent knowledge of investments and markets
- Excellent influencing, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Highly driven and motivated with the ability to excel in an entrepreneurial environment
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: London
- Rate: DOE
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months with the opportunity to go permanent