What’s the role?
Our client one of the “Big Four” Professional Services firm, is looking for ISDA Negotiators to join their Contract Solutions team. The data-led contracts legal team work on a wide range of clients including Tier-1 Global Investment Banks. The successful candidate will be involved in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of trading contracts such as ISDA Master Agreements and Commercial lending agreements.
Your day-to-day activities
- Reviewing contracts that require individual assessment to identify clauses that require amendment.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of trading contracts such as ISDA Master Agreements and Commercial Lending agreements.
- Being decisive in knowing when to pull out contracts and where amendment might be difficult.
- Determining a strategy for transition and negotiating/executing new agreements with clients.
- Ensuring the optimum reduction of risk in line with the credit and legal policies/standards.
- Liaising with businesses, credit officers, legal department and external counsel.
Skills & Experience required:
- Excellent academic background
- Law Degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience, preferably at an in-house legal department or leading law firm drafting and negotiating contracts
- Ability to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service
- Highly organised and meticulous
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and ability to work without supervision
- Attention to detail and high-quality standards of documentation, processes and control environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills, both verbally and written.
- Postgraduate professional legal course (i.e., LPC/BPTC/IPLS)
- Legally qualified, in any recognised British or European jurisdiction
- Spanish, German or French language skills
- Experience with other agreements such as Commodities Agreements, Bonds or Loan Documentation
- Previous exposure to the Financial Services sector in particular working closely with a sales/trading desk
- Understanding of the present and upcoming regulatory challenges for financial services firms.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Remote/London (2-3 per week)
- Rate: £300 - £400 DOE
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: February 2022
- Duration: 6 months