What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting Junior Negotiators for key projects in the Financial Services sector with a Professional Services firm.
You will be part of a team advising FS organisations as they prepare for the transition away from LIBOR and onto SOFR (or other replacement benchmark rate). Supporting Senior Negotiators and Contract Attorneys, the role will involve re-contracting counterparties through identifying documentation changes required by the migration away from LIBOR and, where appropriate, negotiating the required changes with the counterparty.
*There may be a future requirement to work from offices in Detroit, Parsippany, Chicago or Austin so preference will be given to candidates able to work in these locations
Your day to day activities will include:
- Supporting a team of Senior Negotiators and Contract Attorneys
- Reviewing existing contracts and identifying clauses that need to be updated in preparation for transition away from LIBOR
- Re-pricing interest rates in line with new benchmarks and negotiating agreement with counterparties, using set templates and negotiation playbooks
- Support a wide range of counterparties including banks, mutual, pension and hedge funds, corporates and insurance companies.
- Ensure the optimum reduction of risk in line with the credit and legal policies/standards of the bank.
- Liaison with the banks’ business managers, credit officers, and legal department and external counsel.
What knowledge, skills and experience you need
- Up to 1 years’ industry experience in banking, financial services or legal sector
- Specific experience in banking trading documents (e.g. ISDA and supporting docs) is preferred but not required
- Law degree would be a distinct advantage
- LIBOR experience would be beneficial but is not essential, although you should have some familiarity with the principles
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home initially (potential future travel)
- Rate: up to $35 per hour
- Work Pattern: Monday to Friday
- Start Dates: November / December 2020
- Duration: 6 months