What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting for KDB Developer for a key project with an international banking client. You will be part of a team responsible for designing, developing and operating a fast, real-time, time series big data application. You will be developing technical services to handle this data and to make it available for a variety of purposes.
Your day-to-day activities
- Implementing class leading technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies, including behaviour-driven development with continuous integration / automated unit and integration testing.
- Collaborating with other team members and liaising with nominated business stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are fully understood
- Developing infrastructure and software for load balancing and scaling the architecture to support different business use cases and data growth.
- Development of tools and processes for automated deployment of services to globally distributed infrastructure
- Development of modules and services to be used as building blocks, such as data analytics, monitoring and metrics for both business trading and system events.
- Designing and implementing data feeds for trades, orders, exchange market data, tradable market prices and many other sources.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience with Q language and KDB implementation
- Practical knowledge of Linux
- Experience in any functional programming languages
- Experience in any procedural programming languages like C or Python
- Experience of R or MATLAB or any other statistics/numeric programming language.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: Dependent on experience
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 12 month contract initially