What’s the role?
Our client, a forward-thinking law firm, are currently seeking to recruit Litigation Executives to join their growing team. The successful candidates will be given exposure to end-to-end litigation of Plevin cases initially, with a focus on managing cases from receipt of defence through to settlement, with the option of acting as an advocate for clients in court hearings (training to be given). The role is expected to be a long term role, running for several years.
You will be required to undertake bulk-style litigation as part of a team and will run a caseload of approximately 250 cases, which will be predominately small claims track matters, at any one time. You will be responsible for the case from the time the defence is received through to settlement with OPS with assistance from various teams including client contact teams and a team of negotiators. It is essential that your experience can reflect this.
We are looking for litigators who can demonstrate an extremely high level of accuracy and compliance in dealing with Court Orders, specifically directions, and responding to OPS correspondence in line with defined Court deadlines and/or accepted industry norms.
A key part of the role, whilst not the most time consuming, will be maintaining contact with the client and providing the client with regular and periodic updates – this may be by phone, WhatsApp, SMS, and/or email.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with experience in high volume litigation who is motivated to get ahead in their career and learn about a new field in the claims litigation space with ample room for progression.
Salary offered will be dependent on demonstrable ability to manage the required caseload.
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Document preparation.
- Drafting legal documents for quality, consistency, and content.
- Developing cases by maintaining contact with all involved parties.
- Acting as an advocate for your clients; both written and verbal.
- Attending your own remote hearings (optional – training will be provided for those that wish to utilise/expand their skill set).
- Reviewing settlement offers and negotiating with the OPS, either in writing or by phone or both (a dedicated team of negotiators will assist with this).
- Filing and serving legal documents and correspondence.
- Working to deadlines and coordinating calendars.
- Maintaining accurate records on the Claims Management Systems (Proclaim) to facilitate automatic management of cases on their journey towards completion.
- Providing a high level of client service, including responding to ad hoc information.
- Ensuring all regulatory obligations are met
- Ensuring, where appropriate, all claims continue
What knowledge, skills & experience we need
- Minimum 1 year experience working with high volume claims.
- Previous end to end litigation experience.
- Experience using a cloud based on-line litigation process is ideal.
- An attentive eye to detail, with strong writing, numerical and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment – accurately maintaining case management records in a timely fashion is critical
- Exceptional time management skills required.
- The ability to take ownership of own workload and provide solutions to positively impact the business should any issues arise.
- Proactively identify improvements that will impact clients, colleagues, and the business in a positive way.
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude and represent the company in a positive manner.
- Advocacy experience is desirable but not essential.
- Law degree or alternative legal qualification desirable however file handlers with the relevant case handling experience will be considered.
- Experience with Plevin and PPI desirable but not essential for good candidates who match other criteria.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: £115 - £130 per day (Umbrella)
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: January 2022
- Duration: minimum 12 months