What’s the role?
Our client, a forward-thinking law firm, are currently seeking to recruit Litigation Executives to join their growing team. The successful candidates will be given exposure to end-to-end litigation on a Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) claims project under S140 of the CCA.
You will be required to run a caseload of circa 250 small claims track matters, at any one time. You will be responsible for the case from the point it is defended through to conclusion. The role will include attendance at interim hearings conducted by telephone/remotely.
We are looking for experienced litigators who can demonstrate:
- A track record of handling a large volume of cases
- Detailed knowledge of the CCA
- A record of compliance with court directions
- Experience in settlements and negotiations
- Extremely good client care skills and being able to manage client expectations and keep them engaged through to trial.
- Drafting and filing legal documents to the highest standard
- Progressing cases
- Building relationships and maintaining contact with all involved parties
- Attending your own remote hearings (training will be provided for those that wish to utilise/expand their skill set)
- Engaging in settlement negotiations.
- Working to deadlines
- Maintaining accurate records on the Claims Management Systems (Proclaim)
- Providing a high level of client service
- Ensuring all regulatory obligations are met
Essential skills & experience required:
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with high volume claims in end-to-end litigation.
- Must have experience of working with claims under S140 CCA.
- An attentive eye to detail, with strong written, numerical and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional time management skills required.
- The ability to take ownership of own workload and provide solutions to complex legal issues.
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude and represent the company in a positive manner.
- Advocacy experience is desirable but not essential.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Momenta are aware of the rise in recruitment phishing scams. Please be vigilant with the information you share. Momenta will never contact you from a personal generic email address such as Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo. We will not request personal information via text or WhatsApp. Momenta will only ever ask you to add your personal information/supporting documentation to the Momenta People portal. If in doubt, contact us directly before submitting any details or providing documentation.
Tell me more
- Location: Remote UK based
- Rate: up to £135pd DOE (inside IR35)
- Work Pattern: Standard Business Hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months with likely extension