What’s the role?
Our client is a new and forward-thinking law firm specialising in Litigation. We are currently seeking to recruit Litigation Paralegals to work closely with the Solicitor Team Leader on a rapidly growing team project.
You would be required to undertake bulk-style litigation, managing your own caseload of over 100 litigated cases at any one time and be able to process this volume rapidly and accurately. It is essential that your experience can reflect this.
This role offers you an opportunity to work in a paralegal role where you will have exposure to litigation causes and all the corners of case management, act as an advocate for your client in hearings gaining exposure to judges and support clients with their accounts. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is motivated to get ahead in their career and learn about a new field in the claim’s litigation space. This is a process orientated environment and the start of an exciting law firm that would assist in advancing your litigation career.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Document preparation and research requests
- Preparing and checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content
- Developing cases by maintaining contact with all involved parties
- Acting as an advocate for your clients; both written and verbal
- Attending your own telephone hearings
- Writing letters before action (LBAs)
- Reviewing settlement offers
- Typing up and filing legal documents and correspondence
- Reviewing and reporting on claims
- Working to deadlines and coordinating calendars
- Maintaining communication with clients and informing them of updates and case progress
- Utilising Claims Management Systems to progress cases to completion
- Providing a high level of client service, including responding to ad hoc information
What knowledge, skills and experience you need
- Minimum six months experience working with high volume claims
- Previous end to end litigation experience
- Law degree or alternative legal qualification desirable
- Experience using a cloud based on-line litigation process is ideal
- An attentive eye to detail, with strong writing, numerical and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Plevin and PPI desirable but not essential for good candidates who match other criteria
- Exceptional time management skills required
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: £23,950
- Work Pattern: Contract 9am -5.30pm
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: Minimum 12 months (long term rolling contract)