What’s the role?
Our client is a new and forward thinking, dynamic law firm specialising in Litigation. They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Litigation Paralegal to work closely with the Solicitor/Team Leader in a rapidly growing team of Paralegals.
You would be required to undertake bulk-style litigation, dealing with 100-150 litigated cases at any one time and process this volume rapidly. It would be essential that your experience can reflect this.
This is a process orientated environment and the start of an exciting law firm that would assist in advancing your litigation career.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Document preparation and research requests
- Preparing and checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content
- Developing cases by maintaining contact with all involved parties
- Writing letters before action (LBAs)
- Reviewing settlement offers
- Typing up and filing legal documents and correspondence
- Reviewing and reporting on claims
- Working to deadlines and coordinating calendars
- Maintaining communication with clients and informing them of updates and case progress
- Utilising Claims Management Systems to progress cases to completion
- Providing a high level of client service, including responding to ad hoc information
What knowledge, skills and experience you need
- Law degree or alternative legal qualification
- Minimum three months experience working with high volume claims.
- Previous litigation experience.
- Experience using a cloud based on-line litigation process is ideal
- An attentive eye to detail, with strong writing, numerical and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Plevin and PPI desirable but not essential for good candidates who match other criteria
- Exceptional time management skills required
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: £100 per day
- Work Pattern: Contract 9am -5.30pm
- Start Dates: September 2020
- Duration: Minimum 12 months (long term rolling contract)