What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a multinational banking client for an experienced professional to join their team in Kowloon as a Platform, Architect. You will be responsible for the technical design, development, implementation, and maintenance of HSBC’s Wealth Platform system.
Your day-to-day activities
- Working with scrum teams using Agile methodology, Scrum and SAFe framework
- Responsible for technical design, development, implementation and maintenance of HSBC Wealth Platform systems.
- Develop an understanding of the Wealth business systems of the Group and their associated IT development requirements.
- Assign tasks to team members and provide effective supervision to ensure the delivery of projects on time and in budget with appropriate quality.
- Fully adopt DevOps, Agile, Cloud Computing and Testing Automation.
- Prepare detailed specifications that describe input, output and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Provide estimates for development efforts from design documents.
- Review code and documentation to ensure code meets the design criteria and work is of an acceptable quality.
- Optimize operational performance and improve quality whilst increasing cost-effectiveness.
- Work with business users for support or development queries.
- Work with IT Infrastructure and other IT application teams as well as external vendors as required.
- Supervise the rectification of production system issues with the minimum disruption to the business.
- Investigate and resolve problems arising in connection with IT services.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars), internal control standards and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group’s standards of ethical behaviour.
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong knowledge of Agile development and Devops tool (e.g. Confluence, JIRA, Selenium, Jmeter, HP virtual user, Cucumber, Jenkins, QC, etc).
- Extensive relevant working experience, specifically involvement in wealth management or investment IT functions.
- High proficiency in both verbal and written English; Cantonese and Mandarin is an added advantage.
- Relevant Agile Certification preferred for example, Agile Certified Practitioner, SAFe Scrum Master. SAFe Program Consultant would be an advantage.
- Certification in AWS Cloud Warrior.
- Bachelor’s degree with major or minor in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Qualification in a related business discipline an advantage.
- Experience in the areas of retail investment, wealth management, asset management would be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in vendor management, working in a diversified or matrix team structure will be an advantage.
- Experience of modern architecture applying APIs, micro services, data foundation, advanced analytics and leading Cloud provider capabilities.
- Solid experience in J2EE, WebSphere Application Server, IBM MQ, Oracle PL/SQL, Java, AOP, Hibernate, Spring, Springboot, Liberty, JMS, Web Services, JSON, database design, with a strong awareness of emerging technologies and industry standards.
- Proficiency in design/modelling standards such as UML and design patterns.
- Proficiency in infra setup and troubleshooting in Cloud (e.g. PCF, TP and AWS).
- Excellent analytic/problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with different groups of stakeholders and external vendors.
- Strong team player who can work under pressure, independently and proactively.
- Willing to travel and work in PRC and overseas.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: 80,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months