What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting Product Risk Rating Analysts for a key project with an international banking client. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely production of Product Risk Ratings. This would be across mostly funds, individual bonds and structured products. The successful candidate will need to make sure that the accurate input data is collected, the Group PRR models are applied properly, and the outcomes are communicated in a timely manner. The jobholder will also need to apply subjective qualitative assessment to deal with complex situations, manage challenges raised by countries, and address queries received from Global Product Manager. Product Risk Rating (PRR) is central to the financial planning and product service offering of the business.
Your day-to-day activities
• Supporting program to convert process from Excel to a bespoke IT solution
• Sourcing and application of data for PRR model input
• Calculation of PRRs primarily through Excel templates and IT solution
• Responsible for the checking and validation of annual reviews and new products including sanity checks on general results and PM overrides
• Identification of changes or marginal cases
• Precise management of files, folders and emails for clean audit trails
• Support the PRR CoR function in development and maintenance of methodology and frameworks
• Communicating with markets
• Maintenance of records of reviews
• Reporting overrides through appropriate channels
• Provide governance bodies and committees a credible source of data to facilitate decision making
• Build good relationships with input data providers to ensure accurate and timely submissions
• Seek appropriate feedback and insight from stakeholders to ensure a culture of constant improvement is built into the culture of the team.
• Co-ordinate & effectively communicate with business areas in diverse locations across the globe
• To facilitate and ensure that data is received and outcome is communicated in a timely manner
• To deliver on various services related to Client Risk Profiling and product mapping as per the Group policy.
• Adhere to internal controls and demonstrate this by keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
Skills & Experience required:
- Excellent MS Excel knowledge and experience
- Good analytical skills, an eye for detail and a drive for quality
- Ability to understand and interpret complex numeric information
- Experience or knowledge in investment products would be beneficial
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with businesses in different regions and countries, while setting good standards for others of personal accountability and proactivity.
- Diligent approach to work and excellent attention to detail to ensure continued suitability and accuracy in the production of PRRs
- Experience of highlighting areas of concern related to operational risk.
- A relevant professional qualification, e.g., CFA, CISI Diploma, etc. is desirable
- Experience working on Morningstar Direct, Thomson Reuters Eikon or Thomson Reuters Datascope Select would be an advantage but is not essential
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Hong Kong
- Rate: DOE
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 12 month initial contract