What’s the role?
Our client, a “Big 4” Professional Services firm, is looking for experienced Project Managers to support a remediation programme on behalf of a major client within the banking industry.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Facilitate successful delivery of project requirements to meet client specification
- Lead the project team to deliver robust solutions in a timely manner
- Facilitate communications relevant to the design team
- Coordinate work stream meetings to ensure that clear actions and plans are unanimously taken
- Record and contribute to performance and testing where needed for projects
- Outline and administer requisite training when needed and make sure training needs for new projects are available
- Implementation of process documentation and process re-design/improvement opportunities
- Supporting the wider Redress programme providing input to the scheduling and progress reporting.
- Evaluating and analysing activities with an understanding of the business to intuitively shape and craft business solutions to meet the desired result.
- Ensuring the project and resources adhere to the governance framework and project lifecycle, completing mandatory documentation to provide consistency amongst work packages.
- Ensuring redress work packages are delivered in line with the documented processes providing an excellent customer experience and mitigate / minimise reputational risk.
- Managing the creation of project methodology/approach to encompass information gathering, file reviews, calculations, payments, consequential loss claims, quality assurance and quality control. Tailoring established processes were applicable.
- Engagement and management of third parties, defining deliverables, monitoring progress and reviewing outputs.
- Working closely with senior business heads and facilitating negotiations and settling of conflicting priorities that may arise between parties involved.
What knowledge, skills and experience you need
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience of implementing in a timely manner through effective interaction with multiple, diverse stakeholders in large complex organisations
- Experience in a relevant role, i.e. Project Manager or operational lead on redress projects
- Experience of working with and managing third parties in an outsourced environment
- Commercial lending experience is desirable but not essential
- Expert user of relevant software packages, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
- Experience working in relevant operational areas e.g. contact centre, mailing house, case management teams, analytics, legal and compliance
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. redress projects within a regulated financial services environment. (Commercial Banking experience preferred)
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills
- Experience of planning projects and activities in line with business priorities, using a variety of techniques
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management
- Solution orientated with the ability to recommend simple solutions to complex issues
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and follow them through to resolution accurately and in a timely manner
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Remote initially, with future regular travel to offices in Apsley, Hertfordshire
- Rate: £495 day (must operate via an Employment/Umbrella Company)
- Work Pattern: Monday to Friday
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months initially