What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting for a senior development engineer to join an exciting project with HSBC Bank in Kowloon.
The successful candidate will support the private banking and wealth IT team, whilst being responsible for a global project to support the WPB customers across all wealth management activities from trade, financial planning, risk assessment, portfolio review, jade proposition, and insurance distribution.
Your day-to-day activities
- Establishing a digital environment and automating processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data.
- Creating technical test plans and records, including unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality.
- Providing support to DevOps teams working at all stages of a product or service release and change with a strong customer focus and end-to-end journeys, ensuring they have an excellent domain knowledge.
- Working with POD team to ensure operational issues, performance, operator intervention, alerting, and design defect related issues, are identified and addressed at all stages of a product or service release and change.
- Enabling the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy.
- Actively participating in the continuous exploration process as part of the continuous delivery pipeline, especially with enabler Epics.
- Building and supporting continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous testing activities.
- Engineering activities to implement patches provided centrally.
- Supporting non-functional testing.
- Updating support and operational documentation as required.
Skills & Experience required:
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects, and utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Good understanding of both RDBMS and NoSQL databases technologies such as Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, or equivalent.
- Solid expertise in Java, Spring, Springboot, JSON, Restful API, OpenAPI, RAML, and ReactJS, with a strong awareness of emerging technologies and industry standard.
- Strong knowledge of Agile development and Devops tool for example, Git, Confluence, JIRA, Selenium, Jmeter, Cucumber, Jenkins, or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the Agile environment, leading projects, driving analysis and design.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Prior working experience of banking sector will be an advantage.
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own and others’ compliance with relevant regulatory processes.
- Experience of working with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous testing tools.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Experience managing AWS cloud workloads, especially EC2, EKS, RDS, VPC, and CloudWatch.
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: 80,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 7 months with the chance of extension