What’s the role?
Our client is a new and forward thinking, dynamic law firm specialising in Litigation who are currently looking for a Senior Solicitor to lead a team of paralegals.
In the role, you will act as both a subject matter expert in the area of financial claims, manage a team of solicitors and paralegals and report MI to senior management. Reporting directly into the Legal Director, you will be an enthusiastic, hardworking, outgoing, and positive Management/ Senior Solicitor with 8 years PQE.
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Acting as an SME both with regard to the claims process and any associated regulatory requirements.
- Providing legal oversight of the paralegal team, who are working on high volume financial claims, in accordance with SRA guidelines.
- Providing a QC role to ensure all work is produced to an appropriately high standard.
- Acting as a point of liaison between the claim team and project management.
- Advising on with various discretionary elements of the process such as settlement quantum.
- The role reports to the Legal Director and wider management team.
- Managing team performance to adhere and exceed required KPI’s.
What knowledge, skills and experience you need
- Ability to work and manage people within a target driven fast-paced automated environment where the business is driven by KPIs.
- Good academic background, preferably at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent and 8 years PQE in professional negligence or relevant commercial litigation discipline (claimant-side preferred).
- Experience of managing a team processing a high-volume low value caseload through to civil court.
- A genuine desire to progress your career in this area of law and a professional approach with the drive and ambition to achieve targets through delegation.
- The desire to promote the services of the organisation to relevant markets by regularly contributing to business development and to actively contribute to the development of precedents and the claims process.
- Proven ability to communicate accurately, clearly, and concisely, both verbally and in writing with a wide range of clients.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Working from home
- Rate: £450 per day
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 12months