What is the role?
Our client, Muldoon Britton, a forward thinking, dynamic litigation-only law firm, are currently seeking to recruit a qualified Solicitor to head up a growing team.
In the role, you will act as both a subject matter expert in the area of financial claims, manage a team of paralegals and report MI to senior management.
Experience in high volume litigation and managing a large team is essential.
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Acting as an SME both with regard to the claims process and any associated regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the unit is compliant with all appropriate and relevant SRA rules, regulations and guidance
- Providing legal oversight of the paralegal team via a small team of solicitor-team-leaders who are working on high volume financial claims, in accordance with SRA guidelines
- Providing a QC role to ensure all work is produced to an appropriately high standard
- Acting as a point of liaison between the claim team and project management
- Advising on with various discretionary elements of the process such as settlement quantum
- Liaise with external compliance consultants to ensure they can effectively audit the business and any remedial actions are actioned and implemented
What knowledge, skills and experience we need
- Qualified solicitor with a current practising certificate
- Previous high volume legal claims experience.
- Experience of managing teams, including checking and quality control of work would be beneficial
- An understanding of the claims/litigation process and experience of using claims management software is advantageous
- An attentive eye to detail, with strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: City of London
- Rate: £350 per day DOE
- Work Pattern: Fixed term contract
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: Minimum 12 months (long term rolling contract)