What’s the role?
We are currently recruiting for a triage investigator to join an exciting project with HSBC Bank in Kowloon.
The successful candidate is accountable for working within the triage sub-function within one of FCTM’s four regional functions aimed at mitigating the harms associated with financial crime.
Your day-to-day activities
- Acting as principal point of referral for all relevant investigations, which may originate from various internal or external sources.
- Providing timely and reliable assessment and triage on potential financial crime risks to improve risk management decisions within FCTM.
- Completing initial case qualification and all associated logging to determine action status of request.
- Adhering to the globally defined triage procedures or approved country variances across FCTM Investigation, which are designed to support the operational effectiveness of the investigative capability.
- Ensuring that all cases are correctly entered onto the case management system.
- Communicating with all levels of management, customers, and external relationships.
- Working effectively as part of a regional dynamic team including taking on unfamiliar and difficult tasks when necessary and providing guidance and support to others.
- Developing and maintaining the relationship and understanding of activities across triage and the wider investigations and FCTM function.
- Communicating effectively with different business areas to ensure clear and consistent delivery of key messages.
- Developing and supporting a long lasting, effective team environment, to achieve mutual team and business goals.
- Sharing best practices to enhance team delivery.
- Adhering to the framework, policies, procedures, and controls for the effective identification and mitigation of the specific financial crime threats to ensure risks are identified and managed.
- Accurately inputting and maintaining key data into appropriate systems and within agreed timescales and guidelines.
- Complying with the FSA principal of treating customers fairly.
- Having awareness of the operational risk associated with the role.
Skills & Experience required:
- Existing fraud operations and investigations, I&A, or branch or direct experience is preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of bank enquiry systems.
- Capability of picking up and applying new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Excellent inter-personal, customer service and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent organisation and analytical skills.
- Excellent decision-making and influencing skills.
- A motivated self-starter who can work effectively alone and under pressure.
- The ability to work accurately and to remain calm and controlled under pressure whilst performing all functions of the role.
- Good PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft software.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: South West Kowloon
- Rate: 25,000 HKD per month
- Work Pattern: Standard business hours
- Start Dates: June 2021
- Duration: 6 months with the chance of extension