What’s the role?
Our client DXC Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions, is looking for 4 Unix Administrators to join their team based in Bangalore/Chennai. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in the IT services industry. You will be working in a high-quality team and have the opportunity to use your existing knowledge and experience to make a difference, as well as advance your career and develop new skills.
Deploy and support DB standard UNIX server builds and collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure pre-requisites for the migration methods (Physical Moves or Transforms) are met as per project timelines.
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Partner with and be mentored by senior IT Advisory and Transformation Program Managers and help drive technology infrastructure from “current state to future state” with a focus on App Migration and DC Exits.
- Experience with deployment of Management tools and OS Patches on new and existing servers using deployment tools or related industry wide deployment tools.
- Knowledge and experience in Migration methodologies and Migration tools like Double Take and other related industry wide deployment/migration tools.
- Hands on Host-Based Storage Migration using EMC and 3 PAR Tools – PPME, Solution Enabler, etc…
- Migration projects and involvement in planning, design, POC, Pilot and implementation phases of various migration methods. Thorough technical knowledge of UNIX platform (Solaris, RHEL/SuSE).
- Expertise on UNIX heterogeneous platform environments, including Clustering, Backup operations, Hardware , Patching and Activation.
- Good hands on experience on Enterprise class x86 servers/Blades (HP, IBM & DELL) are mandatory.
- Good fundamentals and technical hands on experience on UNIX troubleshooting.
- Willingness to develop strong competencies in UNIX platform support.
What knowledge, skills & experience we need
- Must be able to demonstrate deep technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- SRDF and Veritas cluster (VCS) knowledge is mandatory
- Any one of Linux LVM , Solaris SVM and Veritas VxVM skills mandatory
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to manage own workload
- Proactive, positive attitude and approachable
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex and fast changing environment
- Knowledge of Shell scripting / Python/Ansible will be a plus.
- Ideally, candidate must preferably have hands on experience in working in enterprise
- Knowledge in Linux VHS V2V – Vmotion and Solaris Zones migration from SHS to SHS is preferred
- Technical skills on Network components are preferred (DNS, DHCP, TCP).
- Excellent understanding of ITSM\ITIL processes and certification will be added advantage.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Bangalore/Chennai
- Rate: Dependent on experience
- Work Pattern:
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: 1 year potentially extended