What’s the role?
Level: Specialist (7-10 ) Years: 3 Positions | Wintel 60% , VMware 40%
Our client DXC Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions, is looking for 6 Wintel specialist to join their team based in Bangalore/Chennai. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in the IT services industry. You will be working in a high-quality team and have the opportunity to use your existing knowledge and experience to make a difference, as well as advance your career and develop new skills.
Partner with and be mentored by senior IT Advisory and Transformation Program Managers and help drive technology infrastructure from “current state to future state” with a focus on App Migration and DC Exits.
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Deploy and support DB standard Windows server builds and collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure pre-requisites for new migration methods P2P/V2V are met as per project timelines.
- Experience with deployment of Management tools and OS Patches on new and existing servers using deployment tools like HPSA, BladeLogic or related industrywide deployment tools.
What knowledge, skills & experience we need
- Knowledge and experience in Migration methodologies and Migration tools like Double Take, Platespin, Zerto or related industrywide deployment tools.
- Hands on Storage Migration using EMC and 3 PAR Tools – PPME, Solution Enabler, etc…
- VMware Skills preferred – ESXi Builds, Troubleshooting, Patching, Support Uplifts and Migration.
- Ideally, candidate must preferably have hands on experience in working in enterprise migration projects and involvement in planning, design, POC, Pilot and implementation phases of various migration methods.
- Thorough technical knowledge of Windows platform (Windows, AD, VMware and/or Hyper – V).
- Must be able to demonstrate deep technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Expertise on Windows heterogeneous platform environments, including MS Clustering, NLB, Backup operations, Terminal Services, Patching and Activation.
- Deep technical skills on Microsoft Core components are mandatory (DNS, DHCP, WINS).
- Good hands on experience on Enterprise class x86 servers (HP, IBM & DELL) are mandatory.
- Good fundamentals and technical hands on experience on Active Directory.
- Willingness to develop strong competencies in Windows platform support.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill are mandatory.
- Excellent understanding of ITSM\ITIL processes and certification will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of scripting platforms vbscript, powershell will be a plus.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don’t delay; please click apply now.
Tell me more
- Location: Bangalore/Chennai
- Rate: Dependent on experience
- Work Pattern: Business hours
- Start Dates: ASAP
- Duration: Duration: 1 Year could be extended